We’re still waiting on a hearing date for AB 71. When we know, we’ll let you know. In the meantime, if you live in LA or Contra Costa County, keep calling ASM Burke and ASM Grayson - details are at the bottom of this email.
In the meantime, you can take two surveys!
And we’ve got a message from Audrey Kuo of Freedom Verses in LA, who’s working with Housing California on racial justice:
- Freedom Verses is working with Housing California to create opportunities to deepen racial justice both within the organization and the broader affordable housing sector. Housing California is committed to making sure that resident voices are included and centered throughout the whole process, and we are hoping to spend some time with you to learn more about how racial justice and other issues related to equity show up. We are hoping to have group or 1:1 conversations to talk with you. Please let us know if you would be interested in participating -- everything you share will be confidential, and staff will not be part of these conversations.
Interested? Email them at email@example.com.
*LA and Contra Costa County, keep calling ASM Grayson and ASM Burke! You can call all the numbers, as many times as you want. If it’s after hours, you can leave a message. You can also email both staffers listed.
- If you live in Benicia, Concord, Lafayette, Martinez, Pittsburg, Vallejo, Walnut Creek, your assemblymember is Tim Grayson. Contact his Vallejo office at (707) 642-0314, his Concord office at (925) 521-1511, and his Sacramento office at (916) 319-2014. Email Steven Stenzler, his chief of staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Domonique Jones, his legislative director, at email@example.com.
- If you live in Los Angeles, call ASM Autumn Burke, the Revenue and Tax committee chair. Contact her Inglewood office at (310) 412-6400 or her Sacramento office at (916) 319-2062 to urge her to support this bill. Email Tish Rylander, her chief of staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Aaron Moreno, her legislative director, at email@example.com.
Here’s what to say:
“My name is _________, and I’m a member of the Residents United Network. I live in _______ in your district, and I’m calling today to ask you to support AB 71, Bring California Home, when it comes before the Revenue and Tax Committee in April, because it’s time to reverse the cycle of homelessness in California. Thank you!”
Take good care,
- We’re back with a Community Care call this week! The hope is that we’ll practice for a Monday hearing on AB 71 - and we’ll also hear from Audrey from Freedom Verses. Here’s the link, and you can also dial in at 669 900 6833, meeting ID 977 6290 7497.
- Did you see the story about the Roadmap Home 2030 on ABC 7 in San Francisco, with RUN leader Zella Knight in her blue shirt? Check it out here!